Founded in 1957, CNY Arts is one of the oldest local arts agencies in New York State and the nation. Each year, we strive to provide accessible and high-caliber programs and services that support hundreds of our individual artists and arts organizations so they can thrive.
We are looking for dedicated and passionate professionals interested in fiercely supporting the arts community in Central New York and the Mohawk Valley.
We also circulate and share job opportunities and notifications from our constituents and peer organizations.
CNY ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
SYRACUSE COMMUNITY CHOIR
NOW HIRING: Part-Time Managing Director
The Syracuse Community Choir (SCC) is seeking a Part-Time Managing Director with management/community organizing experience and a passion for arts, activism, and inclusion. This person will join us in dreaming and realizing SCC’s transition from a founder-driven to a more non-hierarchical governance organization that embraces a journey towards participatory democracy, based on our core value that every voice matters.
Flexible working schedule, $20/hour, $19,000/year. Two-year commitment, with the possibility of continuing on with SCC. We strongly encourage people to apply who are Disabled, Black, Indigenous, People of Color, Immigrants, Queer, Trans, Non-Binary, and anyone who has had experience with systemic oppression.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Collaborative, flexible, accountable
- Familiarity with the greater Syracuse communities
- Ability to resolve unforeseen concerns
- Strong computer proficiency
- Interest in singing
- Commitment to the mission which includes promoting peace and justice through community-building and singing.
- Relationship- and Community-Building
- Grant Writing
- Video Conferencing
- Staff- and Volunteer-Management
The Managing Director will assist the organization to:
- Apply for and report on grants.
- Oversee the annual budget as approved by the board.
- Assist the board in financial planning including legacy giving, capital campaigns, as well as assure that existing funding is maintained and secured.
- Participate in fundraising activities and report to the board on targeted milestones.
- Supervise the Book Keeper in reviewing Profit and Loss Statements and maintaining compliance with all governing bodies, including NYS Department of Labor and IRS.
- Participate in board meetings and assist in long-range, succession planning and monitoring sub-committees.
- Maintain and secure all agency property, including pass codes, legal documents, electronic files, office space, equipment, and music.
- Supervise all staff and provide performance evaluations.
- Ensure all activities are in alignment with the mission.
- Become familiar with the names of singers, donors, musicians, employees, consultants, etc.
- Collaboratively plan concerts and other seasonal or special events
- Support and coordinate volunteers.
- Transport people and supplies, or coordinate others
Rehearsals (Wednesday Nights April – June & Sept – Dec): Grace Church 819 Madison Street Syracuse, NY 13210
Office: Women’s Information Center, 601 Allen St. Syr, NY 13210.
Some work can also be done remotely.
Please send your resume and either a cover letter or video explaining why you are a good fit for the role. Email to Diane Ogno (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail to SCC, 601 Allen St. Syracuse, NY 13210. Call (315) 428-8151 or email with questions. Applications accepted on a rolling basis, with preference to those who apply by March 17th.
The mission of SCC is to provide an opportunity for all people, all ages, to sing music that promotes peace, freedom, and justice, addresses issues of oppression like ableism, racism, sexism, and homophobia, and provides inspiration for changing the world. We believe that all people can sing and that every voice matters.
CNY Arts Internships
Marketing & Communications Intern
Grantmaking & Development Intern
Executive Administration Intern
CNY Arts Fellowships
Arts Leadership Fellow
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have interest in any of these ongoing volunteer opportunities.
Community Arts Grant Panelist (Cortland, Herkimer, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego counties)
Individual Artist Commissioner (Cortland, Herkimer, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego counties)
Arts Education Grant Panelist (Cortland, Herkimer, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego counties)
COVID-19 Arts Impact Fund Panelist (Cayuga, Cortland, Herkimer, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego counties)
CNY Arts Ambassador - Grants Oversight Committee (Cayuga, Cortland, Herkimer, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego counties)
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (315) 435-2160. Please indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
We regret that we will be unable to respond to each applicant. We will only contact candidates being considered for interviews. No phone calls, please.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER